Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Collector's Corner #2

Where did Mune Mud get the name Underwater Problem Factory for the third album? This rare piece of history holds the answer. . .

Collector's Corner 02

Here's the story straight from Mune Mud front-man, Jason.

"It was probably early 1992 when I was at work looking through the newspaper. They had a section called 'Kids Corner' once a week where kids could submit stories or jokes or whatever. I never read that section, but this particular day I did. It contained two stories written by kids. So I read through the first story, The Polar Snake, and thought it was a typical kid story until I got to the last three words. . . underwater problem factory. WOW! Where did Talia come up with that? Whatever it meant it was pure genius. So I borrowed the phrase for the album I knew would be coming out soon. And that's how the album got its title." - JW

No comments: