Thursday, June 5, 2008

Studio News: Hosting Problems

The website that I use(d) to host all audio files, Mediamax, has re-launched as The Link Up. When they made the change, all paid subscribers had their data moved to the new site. All free subscribers, myself included, were apparently forgotten. At this point I cannot access my Mediamax account since they no longer exist and I cannot access a Link Up account because the free accounts did not transfer. So everything I uploaded is now in limbo and all links I created to those files are broken.

My only solution is to find another site with free hosting and upload all the files again. Then the longest part will be fixing all the links to those new files. This affects all my websites: the Metal XOR blog, Metal XOR Information Source, The Traveling Deengelburys site, the Albino Boy site, the Precursory 33 official site, etc. So this is going to be a big project to get straightened out.

I will begin the migration soon. Until then no audio will be available from any of my sites. I will post another Studio News update when the files are available again.

No comments: