Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blog News: Slow It Down

I have been thinking long and hard about this. And I've been putting off the decision. But I have decided that this will not be a daily blog any longer.

The original intent of this blog (as stated in the Welcome Statement on August 23) was to post at least once a week. Right away I created two weekly features, so that was two days a week. Then I wanted a weekly update and to start sharing information from the Studio's past. So out of the gate I was posting every single day. And almost two months later I'm still posting every single day.

Am I getting sick of the blog? Am I running out of material to post? No and no. I'm more excited about the blog today than I was two months ago! And I don't think I'll ever run out of material! Is it taking too much of my time to maintain a daily schedule? Nope. The entire blog only takes a couple hours a week. Time isn't the issue.

Then why the change? After doing some research into blogging and looking at the traffic to my blog, I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to post too much too fast. As the blog stands right now, if someone doesn't visit the site for 3-4 weeks, they would have 28-30 posts to catch up on and no one is going to spend that much time reading about this Studio. So I am going to downshift. This will be extremely hard for me to do. I am now accustomed to making a daily post. In fact, the blog schedule I maintain has a post scheduled every day through mid-November already. So I will just have to stretch the schedule out.

So what will the new post schedule look like? I will keep the Sunday Album of the Week and Wednesday Project Spotlight. Other than those two regular features, I will try to limit the additional posts to 1-2 a week. That will give 3-4 posts a week. Of course if something comes up that NEEDS to be posted I will do that. There will probably be weeks that have 5-6 posts.

So as of today I will attempt to slow down. If after a few weeks I don't like the snail's pace I will crank it back up. So I will lean back, prop up my feet, and take tomorrow off!

See you on Friday!


UPDATE - Oops! I can't postpone tomorrow's scheduled post. So I'll take Friday off. See? This isn't going to be easy!

No comments: