Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just For Fun #6

Metal XOR Studio is not one to sue every time one of its songs is copied, plagiarized, or just plain ripped-off. But there was an incident in 1995 that could have warranted it.

The story starts back in 1986 when Jason started recording his own songs with his first keyboard. On his fourth tape, titled Quadraphonic, was a song that had been recorded in 1987. It remained nameless along with most of the songs on that tape until January 1, 2004, when the songs were finally given titles. This nameless song was then titled "Coeur de Coward". Why such a weird name? Because it was the pseudo-French opposite of the words brave and heart.

Fast forward to 1995 when the Mel Gibson epic "Braveheart" came out in movie theaters. Jason and Jimmy went to see it (several times) and it quickly ranked in their top 5 movies of all time. During the movie Jason recalls "...something was familiar to me as I watched the film... it finally occured to me that I had recorded this Braveheart song eight years prior!"

There is a slight difference in the two songs, but that is probably because composer James Horner changed "Braveheart" slightly so it would not be a direct copy of Jason's song. Most people will be able to hear how similar the two songs are. Give a listen to each song and make your own determination as to whether Mel and James owe Jason a few greenbacks or not.

Just For Fun 06

Click here to listen to Jason's song (unmodified recording from 1987).

Click here to listen to a "Braveheart" song (from 1995).

4 comments:

DOOKIE 65 said...

Mel Gibson is the root of all evil!
MEL GIBSON KYLE........MEL GIBSON..




dookie

Unknown said...

Man! You are H-O-T HOT! You should have been in the movie instead of Mel.

Harry said...

I wonder if that is a Jewish Settlement on Fire Behind Mel Gibson...er..uh...I mean William Watson (Marissa's Hero) in the photo???

Very Eerie the similarities!!!

I wouldn't ask for money from James Horner and the Honorable Mr. Malibu himself. I'd as that they just recognize the tyrrany that happens in Marissa and apologize for the Theft'd, Radpe, and Murdader (Scot Accent) of those held under the oppression of Mel Gibson through his sinister agent Peep at the Video Store! (Ask for that and a Box of Breaded Chicken Tenders......LOVE'S ME THAT CHICKEN FROM POPEYE'S)

GIVE RODNEY A CHANCE! GIVE RODNEY A CHANCE! Here's you Keksheeon!

- Mune Mud - said...

Well, what can I say? It appears I have supporters, I think. And I never would have dreamed that Peep would be mentioned on my blog!!! HAHAHAHA